Monday, March 9, 2009

Candy is Dandy

Let me introduce myself...

My name is Candice. If I could describe myself in one word it would be 'optimistic'. I can’t say that I’m always super happy or in a good mood, but I do turn back to it eventually. I think it’s my calling and the reason I’m on this earth, that I should take advantage of being happy. I don’t think moving a million miles away would make my life any better. I love what’s right here, right in my town, my family. They are the most important thing to me and they make living all that more special. I know they won’t be around forever, but I don’t think about that. Life is too short to think about things like that, because before you know it, you might actually be the first one up.

I'm currently a writer, but I didn’t always know I wanted to write, in fact I doubt myself a lot every day about what I do and think that maybe I’m just not good enough. I wouldn’t say that I’m a witty writer, or a catchy writer, but I don’t need to be that to be a good one. I would say I’m an honest writer, and I’ll only get more honest as I go. Writing is not exactly easy for me. In fact sometimes I cram my brain for the right words that I just begin to wear my mind out. So why do I do it you say? I do it because it’s challenging, it keeps me smart, keeps me thinking, and because there’s nothing more rewarding than knowing that other people find what I have to say interesting. That I can spark the imagination or thoughts of someone I’ve never even met. Or that I can help their outlook on something or at least entertain them for a couple of sentences. I’m not exactly where I want to be yet, but I do know that I’m on my way.


My family always reminds me and supports me in letting me know that I can do anything that I want. That even if I don’t get paid to do it, I can live with them for free forever. That I need to do what makes me happy, what makes me love life, because after all, that’s what we are here for isn’t it? One day I may get hit in a freak car accident, or maybe a falling plane will crash right on top of me, but at least people will be able to say that I was happy, that I was a good girl, a good friend, and I lived a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment